With Keepskor getting closer to launch, I’ve had quite a few people in the corporate world asking me about the startup life. Along the way, I’ve heard recurring themes pop-up about what people’s expectation of start-up life tend to be.
So let me dispel the 5 most prevalent myths I’ve heard about startups in the following entries:
- Startup success is all about the idea: The idea doesn’t matter, it’s all about execution
- The road from idea to millions is a smooth path: The ones willing to plug on through even when doubt sets in win the race.
- Startups are risky: When compared to current trends in corporate America, startups don’t look that risky.
- Anyone involved in a successful startup ends up rich: Be mindful of the legal terms as it’s not always a guarantee.
- You need money to launch: Scrappiness and resourcefulness are the first true badges of honor of the true entrepreneur.